I do have a Needle-Blaster HS on my Norther-Lyon.  The way Garth described
it is the way I assembled it.  Seems to work fine.

The Steel Race goes between the top of the needle bearings and below the
Bottom Cup.  The Bottom Cup does not have a race for the needle bearings.

Is the lack of a race for needle bearings in the Bottom Cup a design for
needle bearing HS or is it particular to the Tange/IRD design.

PS the needle bearings work fine in the Norther-Lyon and I have not
experienced any shimmy with it:  35mm trail, 52cm frame, 584-38 wheels,
thin walled tubing (7-4-7 TT, 8-5-8 DT)

John Hawrylak
Woodstown Nj