Ooh, you invoked the flat* jinx after another person's flat. That one
landed fast! šŸ˜‚

Yes, men love to stop and help fix flats. Once a many years ago I was on a
century ride and there was a group of women at a rest stop crowded around a
mountain bike, staring forlornly at a very flat front tire. Here comes old
Joe Bernard (ok I was younger then), "Need any help? I have tools!" Turns
out they didn't know how to use these tools so your intrepid bike mechanic
got to work and fixed the tire. They cheered. I'm not kidding, an actual
YAY JOE!

Imagine how many times I've told this story. There's a 98% chance Leah's
already heard it at least once.