I believe it. I just saw a pic of Leah (Bicycle Belle Ding Ding) on
Instagram with her group riders all on carbon road bikes and am
consistently impressed that she keeps up (and sometimes leads) with them.
Yes she's strong, but that's still a lot to ask of a steel upright mixte.
Platypuses are quickl!