Keep pushing.  I have a few years on you, 2 back surgeries, a replaced
knee.  I had to take 10 years off after my second back surgery then covid
came and I started riding again.  Of course I sold my custom, my AR and 1
of my Bleriot by then.  I had 2 years of riding and had a mishap this year
and have been off the bike for 2 months, my other knee, so rest and ice.
 My mileage and speed have decreased but as I am approaching 71 I will be
just fine with my 12-17 mile rides when I get back on the bike.

Sorry you’ve had to go through your medical issues, never easy.  Ride every
day you can and take comfort as you roll down the road. A truly beautiful
bike, I hope you enjoy it for many more years.