Deepak,
What a wonderful ride.  I have both a Homer (Toyo) and an Atlantis (MIT).
 I love them both.  First, I wonder whether the under-25 pounds figures you
have seen are for Toyo (1st gen) or Waterford (2nd gen) Homers.  They had
different geometry and used different tubes that may explain the gap
between your 28# and the 25# yo've seen.

Second, I often think about replying to questions about how one might cut
the weight of their bike but have never replied.  I strongly believe how
one builds their bike, the components they select, should reflect its
intended primary use.  If going as fast as you can (e.g., racing) is
paramount, cutting weight without sacrificing strength, handling or safety
is sensible.  On the other hand, as is the case for me, if you ride for
exercise, fun and health, I can't think of a good reason to look for ways
to pare the bike's weight.  How much bike/rider weight you push around, as
Grant Peterson has noted, is mostly a reflection of the rider's weight even
in your case. In addition, pushing around a  25# bike is a weight savings
to you of only about 1.5% of total (bike+rider) weight.  While this is
pretty negligible, the added weight should be better for health, strength,
stamina, etc.  Not much better, I admit, but this thinking has stopped me
from focusing on weight and not the joy of riding.

I don't know whether this is any help. I hope so.
Steve Cole
Arlington, Virginia