I wish I could say it would work with the half basket, but honestly it's
gonna be best with a full-sizer.  You'd have to really cinch it down, as
the bag is already maxing out every square cm of the basket.  It's a
surprisingly voluminous bag, when fully maxed out and it gets quite tall
when filled with, say, a large load of laundry.  So, yeas, it would work,
but if you filled it fully, I'd reckon it might want to lean and/or sway.

Hope that helps.