I have a Clem L and a Clem H.  The L has 18 speeds (2X9) and the L has 11
(1X11).  The L was a stock build and cost me $1750 from Riv direct, though
I later added an Atlas wheel set with Deore hubs.  The H cost me about
$4000 all told, built up with nicer parts, dynolights, and the frame cost
me a little extra as I had to source it from a shop in San Jose (Silva)
which was holding on to the last unbuilt-up 52 H remaining in the world
(that's my story and I'm sticking to it.)   My H is super zippy and, at
times, I feel like it is pushing me up the gravel fire roads in the Marin
Headlands.  The bike feels alive.  My L is reliable and, outfitted with a
Pass and Stow 5-rail rack, can carry 50lb. loads from Costco with very
little wobble.  I use it as my city commuter, and I enjoy every minute
riding it, but it is definitely more Cadillac than Porsche.  Were I to
switch out the parts and ride my L with my H setup, I might be singing a
different song, but my experience is that the H is much zippier, and the L
a bit more of a workhorse.  That's all I got.

Alex