Phillip, I agree on what you say. I am hoping the calf pain and maybe even the
thigh pain are a resurgence of the sciatica that was 90+% gone after my last
surgery 10 years ago. I have one doc who is in agreement so far that the screw
has to come out and am waiting for a second opinion appt, but either way I know
it has to go. The pain that never resolved was a mild pain in my butt when in
my recliner which had gotten worse before the thigh and calf pain. Maybe my
knee blowing up is coincidence, I prefer to have the screw removed than another
knee replacement (my right leg one was not a great success, better but not
better enough). This is something I had not thought of “ Theorizing here that
perhaps the nerve/sciatica is causing the body to twist which in turn is
irritating the IT band and causing the knee pain” and makes a lot of sense to
me.

Thanks for reading my note thoroughly…….

Joel
Sent from Proton Mail for iOS