I'm also at 83.5 / 84 PBH. right on the cusp of 56 & 58 when Toyo was
building them in 2003.  I went with the 58 & have been happily riding it
since then.  Started out with a 100 mm stem & Nitto Dream bars.  A few
years back, I went to swept back bars & a dirt drop stem for a more upright
position.

FWIW, the difference in chainstays (44 cm vs 45.5 cm) was the deciding
factor.  I bought it for touring & wanted max heel clearance.  Were I to do
it all over again, I would go for 56 for the 26" wheels.  I've ridden a 56
Toyo but the difference is & not worth sweating over.

In 2017 (??) I rode a 56 Waterford.  It fit well & was very much like my 58
but there was something subtley different that I couldn't figure out.
Later I found that the Waterford's had ever so slightly longer chainstays,
which probably accounted for improved ride.

A couple of years ago I was at Rivendell & they set up Taiwan Atlantis for
me to test.  They knew what I rode & given PBH & saddle height, grabbed a
demo & set it up.  After riding it for a couple of hours, including some
off-road trails, I really liked it & the long chainstays did not have
effect on handling on tight switchbacks.  From the fit, I assumed it was a
56.  When we got back to Riv, they told me it was a 53, which surprised
me.  That was the best riding Atlantis I've been on & what I would buy
today if I was in the market.

dougP