I actually know the original owner of the frame. It's been set up in a few
iterations. Notably with a nitto campee rack, large basket, and child
carrier. I'm assuming it has hauled a fair amount of weight in it's day. I
am rebuilding the frame as a light trail / fire road mountain bike. The
cracks were noticed while the initial negotiations of the purchase of the
frame. We sanded them down to make sure there was no issues with the tubing
itself. I am confident there is no structural issues with the frame. (not
that I can do ultrasounds, but assume cracking would appear on the outside
as opposed to internally)

The paint itself is way too thick and chipping out quite bad in a lot of
spots. It kind of has a consistency of M&M's. I am guessing any amount of
flex of vibration would have and will cracked the paint. I have a Marino
MTB with a similar issue with its powder-coating. It just gets small cracks
anywhere there is any flex.

I really love the clementine orange despite it's lacklustre quality, so may
do the "fingernail polish" method of just spot covering up the chips. Lean
in to the "beausauge"

The only broken mixte i've seen sofar is the overloaded susie. I'd wager
this frame will continue to last and not too concerned about issues with
breaking even with light mountain biking. If it does break at any point,
I'd be happy to do a full report of the conditions that lead to it! and
probably get a frame builder to fix it and add in a top tube for the heck
of it.