Short of taking calipers to the tire I don't know how you would know that's
truly a 44mm tire. I put Michelin Pro Race 4 Endurance 700x28 on my
Velocity Aerohead OC and they measure 27mm. I put Continental GP 5000
700x30 on my Mavic Kysrium and they measure 27mm. Makes me think that the
size markings on the tires are just science fiction. I will note that on my
Roadini the pads are definitely not all the way at the bottom of the slots.