I have an Ultegra SL triple crankset converted to 1x via a Wolftooth
chainring on my Roadini and a Shimano GRX 810-1 on my custom touring bike
(which is based on a Bridgestone RB-1). There's no appreciable difference
in Q factor that I can tell when riding. The biggest problem with the GRX
is that the smallest chainring you can get for 4-bolt 110 BCD is 36t, while
if you went with a traditional 110 5-bolt BCD you can get a 34t chainring.
If you don't frequently ride in groups that are trying to drop people and
hence you have to keep your cadence in a narrow power band, 1x definitely
is the way to go. I never realized how frequently I dropped the triple
until I switched to the 1x and found myself switching gears that were just
on the border between what would have been the middle and the granny all
the time --- something I avoided doing on the triple because I was fearful
of dropping the chain.

I did a short writeup
here: https://blog.piaw.net/2022/06/a-transition-to-1x-drivetrains.html