Thanks for the feedback.  I've been running Soma Supple Vitesse in a 42 and
they clear fine without fenders on Belgiums.  I tried to mount some Big
Bens for fun and the front was fine but the rear didn't work.  I think a
38-40 is the sweet spot for the QB.  I'm debating throwing my SKS fenders
back on and with those I used to run 35 Marathon Supremes or some 32 Gravel
King slicks.