George,
yes, luckily the shipping was via BikeFlights, who were very good about
reimbursement, all things considered. Note that reimbursement wasn't for
the total insured amount, but for the amount of repair & repaint. I had to
provide first detailed photos of the exterior of the box, the damage
itself, and the inside of the box that showed there was packing material,
etc. I also had to provide the quote for the repair / repaint, etc.
-Max "procedure" in A2