I absolutely hate having weight in front on the bike. It messes with the
steering, slowing it down. By contrast, I regularly ride a triplet with 2
kids on the back + panniers and I don't mind that at all. Not even when the
kids pretend to be flying and flap their arms while going down a hill at
30mph. I use the smallest possible handlebar bag I can find and avoid
low-rider front racks (which sometimes I don't have a choice about ---
carrying camping gear for 1 adult + 2 kids necessitates compromises)