I was successful in using a VO 50.4 crankset set up with TA chainrings (42
/ 26).  VO does not make any smaller chainrings than their stock setup when
you purchase it, unfortunately (it comes stock with 46/30).  Yes, the setup
can end up being a bit pricey, but if you want lower ratios, this is one
such solution.

I chose that combo as I installed it on a gravel bike that would see some
climbing where we live (foothills of Southern California).  It worked okay,
but gotta say I might have wished for a bit lower gearing (I ran an
11-speed cassette - 11 / 34).

Since I ran an 11-speed chain, the chain fell between the chainrings with
the stock VO hardware and TA rings.  I was able to solve this problem by
swapping out the stock VO small ring spacers with slightly thinner ones
made by Wheels Manufacturing.  Shifting is spot-on.

Good luck,

Jeff
Claremont, CA