Killer bike.  I'm a PA native but live in Oregon now, gotta check out
Johnstown some time.  I knew some BMXers from there years ago. I have a
60cm Appaloosa (very similar to Atlantis), while I haven't road toured on
it, I've done a few overnight, mostly gravel road trips with it and it was
a pleasure to ride.  Definitely dig the long chain stays.  The Appa is
night and day more comfy than my Surly Travelers check that I rode, toured,
bike packed on for 10ish years, and way more stable feeling when loaded.  I
run a front Swift rando bag on a small Velo Orange rack daily, and a
homemade rear saddlebag similar to a Carradice long flap on the rear with a
old blackburn rack as bag support for trips.  I run 29x2.2 Terravail
Sparwood tires and ride mostly city miles with them, they are nice and
smooth but all great on gravel and single track. Basically, the Atlantis
will be amazing for road touring, I'm sure you'll love it however you set
it up. and it would probably road tour just great as it is.  Enjoy.