Just wanted to check in. I've been using the SIlver 1 shifters as bar ends
for a while. Overall, things were good, but I did have some ghost shifting
under torque and something just seemed less than precise. For the record,
I've been using my Ultegra 6500 RD with a hanger extender to get up to a 32
on the back.

I took my bike to my list member Jason's house to use his hanger alignment
tool. It was a little better, but still had some issues with ghost shifting
under torque. I noticed that there was a little left-right play in the
derailleur hanger bolt interface.

So, I happened to have a 105 R7000 RD (11 speed) kicking around. I put that
on with no idea if it would work. Surprise, it works really well. Silver 1
shifter, 11 speed RD, 8 speed cassette, 9 speed chain.
I was still getting occasional ghost shifting, especially on larger cogs.
Much better, but still not perfect. I felt like there was stil a little
cable play and imprecision on the rear... Like it sometimes settled into a
position.

It was raining today, so just for fun I mounted the shifters on the
downtube again. I'm getting pretty quick at this. The improvement felt
dramatic to me. I'm using off brand shift housing, and I don't know how
well the housing is sitting in the shifter pods. I just have a feeling that
something is amiss in that the pod to housing to cable stop interface.

So, I'll roll with this for a while until if and when I get annoyed by
something. I'll pull my cable housing from under the tape and try some kind
of alternate routing if I get restless on the next rainy day.

Now I'mjust having fun.

Cheers!
Ben