I have a custom Fitz that's my do-it-all one bike (just ignore those other
bikes in the shed), but if I had to replace it with a Rivendell, there are
a couple options.
1. If it was my Quickbeam, I'd just change my riding habits, and maybe
cheat with a couple different wheels.
2. If I could buy a friend's Hunqapillar, I'd raise the gearing a bit and
add a dynamo light.
3. If I was starting from scratch, it would be a nu-Atlantis with parts
from the Fitz:
- SON/Onyx 700c Quill wheels with RH 55s
- Nitto RM-3 flared drops (I guess I'd need a Discord stem)
- Basket
- A 26.8 Gravity Dropper post (or hone the seat tube to 27.2 and use a
Thomson)

Philip
Sonoma County, Calif