Not to discourage books. I love books. Just an FYI I am a really really
really big fan of the Sheldon Brown website. Every time. i need to do a
thing to my bike that I cant remember how to do it i just type whatever I
need and sheldon brown.  like "chain length sheldon brown"  problem solved.

I love that every write up is well written. builds in problem solving and
issues based DIY compatibility options instead of assuming group sets and
new parts. etc.

I wish somebody would just compile the sheldon brown website into a
hardcover book. ISOLA PRESS. After jobst brant - here is your next project!