When I started buying Rivendells after owning a 93 X0-1 (still have it), I
started with the classic All-Rounder ordered in 1997. Since I still did
longer road rides I got a custom Road in 2001 to replace a nice enough
Rossin I had and later sold...fast but not especially comfortable since it
was a typical Italian racing bike, so harsh with our roads the way they
are. The Riv road is a great-riding bike, as is the all-rounder.

I ordered a custom mixte late 2015 for my retirement bike but (I'm
embarrassed to confess) don't ride it much mainly because it's a bit of a
pain getting it up and down the narrow flight of stairs to my apartment and
I won't lock it up in the garage; a little too risky. Not ready to let it
go just yet, though, and if I were to sell it I doubt I'd recoup what I
paid for it. Money aside, though, I put a lot of thought into how it was
built up and it should be ridden. Fore and aft fit needs a little tweaking
and I do plan to ride it more in the spring. Should practice the mixte
deadlift like the Riv sisters often post😊