Well, that's an interesting little twist!  It was my assumption after
posting the "origin story" of my Protovelo that I probably had many of the
details wrong and that there would be a long list of
clarifications/modifications to the information that I had pieced together
about it.  In particular, I assumed that there had been additional owners
of the frame that were unknown to me, and that perhaps Daniel M. had never
really "owned" the frame but had just borrowed it from Grant for the one
journey, etc.  But I had never seen anything regarding the
"proto-Hunqapillar" making the Great Divide trip.  I'm sure there are
others on the forum with more information about this than me, but my
initial thought is that perhaps my frame was very "interim" and included
both Bombadil and Hunqapillar elements/geometry???  On the other hand, the
fact that Daniel referred to it pretty precisely as a "new unpainted
Bombadil" in the Reddit thread seems to slot it in timeline-wise as an
early Bombadil rather than a later Hunqapillar.  As always, I will defer to
the experts and look forward to possibly fleshing out more details as we go
along.

Thanks, though, for pointing out the discrepancy.

Willet M.