There is little more satisfying than seeing how a much-loved bike has
changed over a couple years, with signs of use increasing. Really
appreciate the update - it looked great at the start, and even better now.

While I don't have any regrets with the bikes I've built over the past few
years, I can't help but wish I had picked up a 52cm Clem L back when I got
my 45 H (which proved to be a bit too small, and a bit stiffer than I
wanted) as I can see how immensely useful it would be for me. Alas, I can't
fit more bikes and don't want to sell the ones I have!

On Thursday, 19 January 2023 at 09:15:57 UTC-8 Mackenzy Albright wrote:

> I came across your Clem a while back when I started thinking about getting
> one, both it and Dominic's build on the riv blog made me decide to rid my
> romanceur and get a Clem. I eventually found an orange 59 clementine and
> haven't looked back. It's a lifetime bike and every time I ride it it is a
> joy!
>
> Thanks for sharing the updates! Looks good as ever.
>
> On Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 3:18:59 PM UTC-8 Bicycle Belle Ding
> Ding! wrote:
>
>> So fun to read your almost 2-year-recap of your relationship with this
>> Clem. I know how you feel; Clems are great bikes and so comfortable. I was
>> so glad when Riv decided Clems would be exclusively step-thrus - it nudged
>> a lot of folks towards trying a step-thru for the first time, and I think
>> most Clem owners fell in love with that feature. Your Clem screams READY.
>> Have allll the adventures on it, in perfect comfort and total class. And
>> don’t forget to post about them here.
>>
>> Happy riding!
>> Leah
>>
>> On Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 2:47:55 PM UTC-5 mma...@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Welp, it's been a little under two years and I'm still very much in love
>>> with this bike. Dare I say favorite bike ever?  By far my favorite Riv
>>> ever; I had an orange Ram and a Toyo Homer since buying the Clem to chase
>>> the high but both didn't stick around too long.
>>> I've enjoyed countless miles of big smile casual riding, errand running,
>>> and short loaded tours. In summation this bike shines because of how
>>> versatile it is. I've ridden other bikes with "do it all" intentions (cross
>>> bike w/ racks) but the handling had much to be desired; far too responsive
>>> on the front end and too uncomfortable/sketchy when loaded on the rear end.
>>> Clem L fulfills the ability to be loaded and ride well. I really don't have
>>> any interest in drop bar touring bikes at any capacity while I have Clem L.
>>> Anywho, I just wanted to check in and share some iterations of the
>>> build, currently with a 1x12 transmission! I had a low-normal XT for a
>>> short time which was totally acceptable and novel. I think the best upgrade
>>> or change was the Sim Works Fun Bar 3 (RIP Terry Hall), I can't imagine
>>> going back to a bosco-type cockpit. If you're thinking about Clem L I
>>> highly suggest you CLEM IT UP. -Matt
>>>
>>> [image: 52632307568_d17dede0d7_c.jpg]
>>> [image: 51274416243_3a37f1c90e_c.jpg][image:
>>> 51273225695_70bd27b36c_c.jpg][image: 52492573337_a65168034f_c
>>> (1).jpg][image:
>>> 52303354108_fca2254841_c.jpg][image: 52283682710_42d1a82bf8_c.jpg][image: