Yeah, a buddy gave me the Berthoud (it’s from the first 400 made and was
nearly unridden). I really like it so far and had my first all day ride on
it earlier this week without much issue.

Ha! Yeah, I felt like my bike looked too vanilla when I changed from mtb
tires and was getting a lot of grief from rain, too. I chose the Flat 65s
and just added some brown Berthoud mud flaps to be matching 🤣 I gotta say
that these tires *barely* fit with the front mounting hardware and I have
to be careful with rubbing. I do love them, but plan on ordering some René
Herse Antelope Hills (Extralight) this week.