Rich,

Not sure which photo with trees you're referencing. Anyway, yes, I take my
whole 4x5 setup in my RPT ("Renaissance Photo Tech") modified Kelty
backpack with my more or less full sized Manfrotto carbon fiber tripod
strapped to the side. RPT made a nice system of a backboard that you
inserted into the modified backpacks (modified with full zippers and a few
other things), to which you attached camera or lens boxes via hook and loop
to make the photo backpack of your needs. Sadly, the owner retired and sold
off everything (I got a few things for sale). I don't go far with that on
my quickbeam, no more than 3 miles each way, and I don't go fast, but it's
essentially the same kit I would take if I put it all in the trunk of my
car.

Camera, up to 6 lenses, up to 9 holders, dark cloth, meter, loupe, tape
measure, extra bag bellows, extra focusing screen for wide angle lenses,
and a few other things all fit in there. It's not light, of course!

I'll get a photo of me on the bike with this setup sometime.

Drew