On Saturday, February 18, 2023 at 9:31:40 PM UTC-5 Bicycle Belle Ding Ding!
wrote:
 I am leaving my new spoke wrench in the packaging because no good can come
from that thing.

I have built my own wheels in the past, and stopped trying to do that a
long time ago. You need good tools and a lot of practice to build a wheel
that holds up. That said, being able to make a "good enough" tweak after
slamming a pothole is a valuable skill that can save a ride, or even get
you to the end of the biking season when you can leave it at the shop for a
full workover.

If you are interested, _The Bicycle Wheel_ by Jobst Brandt is THE book on
spoked wheels, why they work, how to build them, etc. It will take away
most of the mystery.

Ted Durant
Milwaukee WI USA