I am searching for a used Atlantis as my introductory first, Rivendell,
during my fall into the rabbit hole of the internet and bike opinions. I
have been steered toward the newer model Atlantis, but the Atlantis 2's are
cheaper and more readily available. I want to know whether anyone has ever
ridden the Atlantis 2 & 3? I am looking for honest opinions on the frame
geometry and ride feel. I like the idea of riding a long, old, vintage
Cadillac of a frame unless it is very limiting. The newest Atlantis has a
very long chain stay, and I am curious as to how this compares with the
older models. I have a large interest in loaded touring and riding fire
roads here in Montana, but I mostly ride roads and lazy gravel rides. I am
looking at an Atlantis 2 (not local at all) with 26" wheels. I have ridden
all wheel sizes and am not biased toward any particular size.