Considering sourcing a Huret Jubilee Front Derailleur for my Sam.

Currently, I have Sugino XD2 Bash guard / 40 / 24 and a Jim 11/36 7-speed
cassette. The FD is a newer Shimano, not sure which model. The Shimano
tends to drop the chain when shifting from the 40 to the 24. I've been
hearing good things regarding the Jubilee for a wide double, so thought I'd
give one a go. The diameter is 28.6, would anyone happen to know the outer
diameter of the seat tube on a Sam? Also, does anyone have experience using
a Jubilee with a wide double? I know there's a lot of trial and error in
getting things just right, but doesn't hurt to pull from shared experiences.

Thanks!
Scott