Hi m f, welcome! Congrats on the bike.

Regarding your question:

It seems odd to find an All Rounder, or any Riv for that matter, without rack mounts on the upper/mid fork blade. Would this have been a special request to not have them?

It’s not totally unusual for Rivs, particularly early-ish ones, to have forks devoid of rack mount eyelets. Two of my Rivs don’t have them, one an Atlantis, explicitly positioned as an all-rounder, and one a Glorius. (Incidentally both were Toyo built.) In an early Atlantis brochure, Grant even wrote that a lack of such fork eyelets is better because using clamps to attach rack struts to forks is superior. All recent Rivs have eyelets galore, though.