May I suggest a Campagnolo Veloce or Chorus braze-on front 9/10-speed
derailleur, such as that found at Treefort Bikes. In my experience, they
work well as a compact derailleur, at least for how Campy defines compact.
I’d contact Rivendell directly to see if they have experience with the
Veloce derailleur, or perhaps some other person in this group has such
experience.

Russell Duncan
Leverett, MA USA

https://www.treefortbikes.com/Campagnolo-Veloce-Braze-Front-Derailleur-9-10s?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplp3332223759199141&sc_intid=3332223759199141&gclid=Cj0KCQjw8e-gBhD0ARIsAJiDsaXypue11hOziHiobbmBFBTQQa5awdt7smK595pQlebOGh1ozE58YF4aAimvEALw_wcB