Nice build Eric!
Looked like fun to put together!

k.

On Mar 25, 2023, at 2:42 PM, Eric Marth <ericma...@gmail.com> wrote:

<MB3 01.png>

Hi all — Last year I overhauled an '85 MB-3 for a friend of mine. I've finally finished the build video and it's up over here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4bVS9ovmMg

This was one of those builds that spent a lot of time sitting around the garage while I was figuring stuff out and waiting on parts. I picked it up on Marketplace for $120 but soon decided I overpaid. When I first looked at it the brakes didn't work and the tubes wouldn't inflate. There was funky silver and black spraypaint in spots, which I actually thought looked great. I later discovered the fork crown was twisted and the steerer tube was badly bent. Efforts to find a vintage fork with enough stack proved frustrating and I even bough two dud forks before finally settling on a Sunlite MTB fork that I almost find offensive.

<MB3 04.png>

<MB3 03.png>

I'm pleased with the silver drivetrain and the understated upright build with Boscos. The new owner has been enjoying it on family outings and evening rides.

Thanks for taking a look!

Build list
• 1985 Bridgestone MB-3, 23" frame, Cadet Blue
• Sunlite Rigid MTB fork
• FSA Duron 1" headset
• Araya 26" wheelset
• Schwalbe Fat Frank tires, 26 x 2.35
• Nitto x RBW Bosco bar, 56cm
• Nitto Technomic 11cm stem, 25.4 clamp
• Suntour Power Thumb shifters
• Shimano XT brake levers
• Origin8 v-brakes
• Jagwire cable housing, ice gray
• WTB New Paradigm Grease Guard headset
• Sakae SA Crankset 46x36x28
• Shimano 115mm square taper bottom bracket
• Shimano 6 speed freewheel, 14-34
• MKS Grip King Lambda pedals
• Shimano FD-AL11GS front derailer
• Shimano RD-Z503 rear derailer