Some years ago I built up Surly Long Haul Truckers for my adolescent
daughters. Those daughters are now adults, and these bikes are in need of a
new home. The black bike measures 20” from the center of the crank to the
center of the seat cluster, the green one 19”. The fork steerers are uncut.

The builds are very Riv-ish. Sugino cranks, Deore rear derailers, VO
Porteur bars, SunTour friction thumbshifters, Tektro Oryx brakes. One bike
has XT hubs, the other XTR. Tubus Cargo rear racks fitted with Busch and
Muller 4D Toplights, Nitto M12 front racks with baskets. Paul Gino light
mounts on the forks.

Now here’s the catch — even though a lot of these parts are valuable, I’m
not really interested in holding out for top dollar. I’d rather see these
bikes get used in support of some sort of cycling advocacy. There’s a local
non-profit community bike shop where I could drop them off, no problem. But
I also remember a time in my life when money was tight and I had young
daughters that I wanted to introduce to biking. I’m wondering if any of you
kindred spirits out there in Riv-land  meet that description, and might be
interested in working out some sort of deal for picking up one or both of
these bikes on the cheap. Professional bargain hunters and/or eBay
resellers need not apply — I reserve the right to be choosy.

Jay Lonner
Bellingham, WA

[image: IMG_0120.jpeg]

[image: IMG_0119.jpeg]