In a set of Lone Peak panniers I used to have, the plastic stiffeners they
came with  actually broke to pieces. I replaced them with thin sheets of
plywood. Perhaps 1/4" thick.  Sand and round the edges so it doesn't abrade
through the fabric. It would be a more permanent solution compared to new
coroplast.

IanA Alberta Canada