Thanks all! I have heard from several people now, here and outside the
forum, who have suggested bending a new tab. I saved the spring so I'll
give that a try.

Drew: As far as I know the Suntour Cyclone Mark 1 short and long cage used
the same cage tension spring. I'm not sure if the ARX, XC or other mechs
would have a compatible spring. So I'll pass on those, but if you find a
Mark 1 short or long cage, I'm interested!