I was thinking the exact same thing. Story; I was running Gravelking SS  27.5 x 1.9” on the Clem set up tubeless. I did not realize these were considered “supple” tires - not unlike Ultradynamico tires. I experienced a tire rupture - the casing kind of “blew up” from the inside, resulting in a huge bubble on the outside. So I was talking to Ultradynamico about this and their tires. Surprisingly they steered me away from their tires, suggesting my riding might not be suited to their very supple tires. BTW, I weigh 170lbs. In any event I chose to replace the GK tires with the Simworks Homage & used tubes. I find these tires to still be very supple & so far very durable with tubes. They are as quiet on pavement as RH knobbies I had on another bike. My gravel riding is not on really chunky stuff. On the smallish gravel and smooth dirt roads I ride almost daily the subtle tread pattern on the Homage has been perfect. I guess my suggestion here is that ultra supple tires might not be the most durable?

Sent from my iPhone