Not me but other folks who ride the hooks on the Albatross flip the bar
upside down so the hooks are higher than the grips, cafe racer style. In
this configuration, your wrist rolls over and out rather than inward on
that outer curve portion. The effect should be similar with the Billie.

You can also move your shifters so they're not on top of your brake lever.
That opens up a hand position partially over but still in front of the
brake lever. One option to do that with thumb shifters is to flip the
left-and-right shifters so the shifters are inboard of the brake lever.
(Riv has pictures that show that and other ways to move the shifters around
here <https://www.rivbike.com/products/silver-shifter-examples>.) I did
that recently and it makes friction shifting trivially easy. Of course, you
can also move the shifters away from the handlebar completely which opens
up even more real estate - see the photos from Riv for examples.

Bike Snob flipped his Choco bars and put his shifters inboard.
https://bikesnobnyc.com/2022/09/20/flipping-out/

--Ed C.