Thanks Piaw - I appreciate the input. I may have to add the Cheviot to my
watch list. When I began seriously looking at Rivendells I was thinking a
Roadini - but then gravitated toward the sloping TT models - especially the
curvier ones - out of a desire for something a bit different  from my
current (& previous) bikes.

BTW, after checking your "mountain biking" pic, I have to say, you're crazy
(in the best way).