The hex size and bolt size are not necessarily related. I would say that it
is more likely to be an 8 than a 7. You need to take the your bolt in and
have it matched for thread diameter, thread pitch (the number of threads
for a specified length), and threaded length, but in a magnetic material -
you should take the Hexlox as well. The only 7 mm bolts that I have ever
seen are the Nitto seatpost bolts - it is a rarely used size, which is why
hardware stores don't carry them.

Laing