Got my Appa on Monday, built it yesterday and commuted to work on it today.
First impressions are that it's exactly what I had hoped for. The ride is
amazing and it feels so plush while still remaining responsive; nimble yet
stable. But I think it could still be better and I want to channel the
wisdom of the group.

Currently, I have the bike built with drop bars (50cm V/O Randonneur).
However, I know this frame, like many of the Riv frames, is really built
with swept back bars in mind. Knowing this, I went with a stem that's about
half my "typical" length. Unfortunately, it still feels like quite a reach
to get on the hoods, not impossible, but not "normal". So, this is where my
question starts:

Do I continue to try shortening the stem, say to maybe 30-40mm, or do I
give in to my swept bar destiny and spring for some new bars? And if I go
with sweeps, which bars do people like on the Appa? I have 65mm Tosco bars
on my Gus and it's wonderful on that bike, but being that I don't want to
be quite so upright (and there's not quite as much room) on the Appa. I was
thinking of going with either Billie or Albatross bars. The two are so
similar, however, that I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. I'm
probably splitting hairs, as usual, but I'm genuinely curious to see what
y'all think.

Cheers,
--
Ted Wood < ted.l.w...@gmail.com >