I have a white industries rear hub hanging on a hook also because I can't
deal with the noise. I swapped it out for a pair of wheels from Ted Neugent
which were much quieter and lighter. I also have a set of wheels built with
Miche Primato Syntesi hubs that are also a lot quieter. But people tell me
that they want their hubs to be as loud as possible, but those are probably
not the folks who populate this mailing list. :-)