I'm planning a build for my newly acquired Platypus frame (50cm) and am
looking for advice regarding the Shimano Deore V-brakes RBW carries. My
plan is to run 38-42mm slicks beneath 52mm aluminum fenders (probably VO
Zeppelins).

Judging from the pics of fendered Platys I've viewed (and the specs I've
been able to find) the Deore brake linkage should provide clearance for
52s.
I'm hoping someone with experience with a Platy will be able to confirm my
thinking.

I considered going with cantis but would prefer the simpler set-up of
V-brakes. Does anyone advocate for cantis?

Thanks, Steve