OT: Yeah, 46-11 is a lot. It really depends on the terrain you ride but for
where I live (fairly hilly) I’ve found that 42 front and 11-36 rear hits
the sweet spot for commuting. With an 11-36 cassette I only occasionally
find myself wanting a lower range every once in a while and I would say
there are an equal number of descents where I’m glad I have 42-11. If I was
less interested in using my commute as daily exercise, I could see value in
going to 38 or 40 up front, even. But im the type who likes to pedal up and
down hills.

--
Ted Wood < ted.l.w...@gmail.com >