Caveat Emptor: the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for
checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.

Just to put on my Captain Obvious hat, I want to remind those of you who
are engaging in transactions here: There is some degree of risk in any
internet transaction.

Do your due diligence before sending any money.
- Do you know the individual?
- Do they have a history of contributing in this group?
- Have you searched for their name and/or email in this group?

Just because someone figured out how to contact you does not mean they are
trustworthy. This is a discussion group. It was never set up to provide a
marketplace with checks against people who take advantage of good-natured
and trusting folks. You need to take responsibility to protect yourself.

Now, having said that, we've been remarkably trouble-free in this area,
mostly because we have a pretty good sense of who is an active member and
acts as part of the community.

Be well. Trust, but verify.

Jim / admin