The Roadini is worth some consideration.  Many people finish PBP on carbon
fiber racing bikes, so you could definitely do it with a Roadini and have a
much more comfortable and pleasant ride.  The Roadini is probably better
(for me) than the Roadeo because it accommodates wider tires. If I were
considering a current production bike, then that might be my choice as it
balances speed and comfort.

I can't remember if the Roadini has braze-ons for a front rack, but I had
no problem with a Mark's rack and p-clamps on my Ram and didn't have any
handling issues (I shared weight with a saddlebag, so it wasn't "front
loaded").  Many people ride with a handlebar bag (without rack) for food
and use a saddlebag for everything else.  It is nice to stuff layers into
the front rack "rando" bag without having to stop, but (obviously) it is
not necessary.

Good luck,
Toshi