I'm a Billie Bar convert thanks to a kind list member and prefer them for
the extra hand position in front of the brake levers. Yes they could look
nicer with some extra rise, I'd prefer to look at a swooped up bar than a
tall stem but that doesn't impact my ride only my gaze when looking at my
bike instead of riding it.

Regarding the usability of the front hand position. I find myself there
when I need one of two things, getting out of the wind while fighting a
head wind or giving myself a good long stretch while still seated. With a
13cm stem and Billies I can get a really good stretch without getting off
the bike.

FWIW my Billies are on a 64cm Atlantis