We used a Burley double-wide when our kids were 2 and 3.5...We hooked it to
my husband's old Giant mountain bike. Traffic was non-existent or very
light since we lived on a small island. The kids liked it because they
could bring various stuffed animals, so we could get a long-ish ride in
...When we moved to San Diego, the trailer seemed too wide for the streets
so we got a Tag-a-long...it didn't seem as safe and, by that time, the kids
wanted to ride their own bikes...so we didn't use it much. (P.S. I'm
another nurse...seems like nurses choose Rivendell, ha!)