My Hillborne is currently running Panaracer ProTite 650b x 42. I've used
various Protite tires over the years in 26" and 700, and find that for
mixed terrain (mostly pavement, some gravel, a little single-track, and
lots of urban commuting) these tires are fantastic. The same tread pattern
as Paselas with good grippy tread but not knobby. I'm also a big fan of the
Gravelkings and Gravelking SKs, but I find the regular Gravelkings are
fairly flat-prone for city commuting, and the SKs are a bit slower on
pavement.

I absolutely love the performance of Rene Herse Babyshoe Pass tires (650 x
42) but find that after about 1K miles, I start getting constant flats, and
can't justify $75 for a tire that only gets that kind of mileage unless I'm
just using them for touring.

Mike M