I hadn't noticed this! I liked the fillet brazed junction better too but it
definitely looked like a pain in the butt to fabricate. The new lug (old
lug - I am sure Allan's right) does have a clean and tidy look too.  A
friend's Platy has a pretty noticeable blem in the brazing too, maybe
evidence it was problematic for Maxway.