What is ceramic coating for paint? I've never heard of it.

My first Riv, a Waterford custom, had chippy paint but all the rest,
including Sam and Ram had much more durable paint. Do others find that
current Riv paint jobs chip easily?

Patrick "all my bikes are powdercoated now" Moore

On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 9:45 PM John S <stro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the recent 'Who's getting a Platypus tomorrow?' thread, one list member
> mentioned "ceramic coating the paint before building [the bike] up."
>
> I'm very interested to hear more about ceramic coating from the group's
> collective experience and wisdom. My one major frustration with my
> Rivendells has been the fragility of the paint (my AHH is acquiring
> "beausage" at an alarming rate compared with my other bikes); I'd love if
> there were a way to reduce chipping and maintain the beauty of the original
> paint for longer.
>
> Many thanks in advance for sharing your insights and experiences.
>
> John

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/cb49009c-427c-4990-af12-9e0ce1869b8dn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/cb49009c-427c-4990-af12-9e0ce1869b8dn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Patrick Moore

Executive resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, letters, and other writing
services.

*When thou didst not, savage,*

*Know thine own meaning, but wouldst gabble like*

*A thing most brutish, I endowed thy purposes*

*With words that made them known.*