I'm 5'8" with an ~81 pbh and I've decided that if I were to get a Platy
(and I do entertain the idea, although I can't do it in the foreseeable
future) I'd get a 50 because I love the way 650B wheels ride.  At my (our)
height, I think either size can totally work fine. Changing the handlebar
from a Billie to an Albatross would effectively cancel out the differing
top tube length, or maybe you'd want to try a bar with moderate sweep on it
- which would give it quite a different feel from the other Platy(s) as
well!  Or, since I know you love the Billie bar, trimming the ends by the
same difference as the top tube length might be the best plan!

I totally think you should do it. If an additional bike isn't justifiable,
it would still make sense to replace the shopping Platy with a 50 in my
opinion, as then you've got three distinct feeling bikes with distinct
purposes, and the shopping Platy already has the carrying capacity to
become the traveling Platy on weekends!